Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Friday, March 14, 2014

Coffee Date, Come Enjoy a Cup and Lets Catch Up



Coffee anyone?
I'm really starting to enjoy doing coffee dates.
It's such a great way to catch everyone up on everything.
It's just a fun way to share.
Plus, taking photos of bright spring dishes
is just an extra added bonus.
And I'm ready for spring, for beautiful bright colors, and for warm sun shiny days.

It's been a whirlwind of a week. My husband has been away on a work trip so it's been just me and my little guy. And it has been a totally amazing week. 24/7 just the two of us. Loved it. I tried to hold my breath and savor every moment. They were so fleeting and passed by much to quickly. These sweet moments of loving bigger than you ever imagined are so wondrous. We spent warm days just lounging in the backyard. At one point the two of us just sat on the back step staring at the yard. No words were spoken, just us holding hands and relaxing. I realized at that very moment that this was all I ever wanted. 
To be a mother, to have a best friend, and to enjoy our time together.

Everyday is full of trials. Some harder than others, but in a full view of my life I am so grateful and happy. I feel very blessed.

Being full time mommie left little me time. I really thought that would be something that I would miss, but it truly didn't bother me at all. 
When my son would start to play by himself I would enjoy a cup of coffee and usually pick up a car to play with him. I didn't really jump at the chance for alone time. I was having way to much fun bonding.

Now my hubby is back and it's nice having our whole family back together again. The boys are enjoying guy time in the afternoons so I have started drawing again. I have several pictures still in the works. I'm just kinda adding to each one here and there as I go. Production has been slow recently, lol; but I'm getting back to it again.

Here's a few previews of what's coming soon.

Cuddlebug Cuties Coming Soon
This little cutie is my favorite. Just tons of hair and layers and layers of dress.

Cuddlebug Cuties Coming Soon
This is my Easter girl. She's still in the works and I want to add an bunny to the illustration. I have it all worked out in my head now I just need to get it on paper.

Cuddlebug Cuties Coming Soon


 This one is still in such a bare sketch stage I have no idea where I'm going with her. She might just be a pretty face that I save for later.

Well, that's it with me recently. I hope you enjoyed your coffee break. It's been a pleasure.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Hugs,
Anna

8 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your week. Lovely images coming, look forward to you finishing them. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you enjoyed your week - it sounds FAB and so much precious time you spent with him. It flies past so quick and then they're gone !!
    Great drawings - the new girls look amazing - Can't wait to see them in all their glory :-D
    Hugz
    IKE in Greece

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow so fast enjoy every minute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear, you enjoyed your week this much. It´s just to enjoy every minute, cause before we know it, they´ve grown up and left home. I still remember my first sons as if it was yesterday, and now he turns 39 in a month, and I just don´t know, where all these years went??
    Your new darlings are sooooooooooo cute, and I sure look forward to see them all done too. I just absolutely love your drawings, and so does all my girls too. And now we´re expecting our first grandson here in May after we´ve had 7 granddaughters for the last 19 years, so I almost fear, if I can find out to entertain a boy now again??? ha ha ha. So have you ever considdered to draw a boy too maybe?? Or a new baby too maybe?? That could be sooo awesome, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great you got some alone time! I savour Thursday nights when Hubby is at fellowship because that is my time with the boys!! Mommy time is important but if you really prioritize it will come when its most needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you savored every moment of your week - I've been an empty nester for the past 4 years and boy do I miss those special moments. Of course now I have special adult moments that are equally special and grandkid special moments. Love your drawings and admire anyone that have artistic talents! Thanks for co-hosting the Wake-up Wednesday party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear that you got to spend some quality time together. And the drawing is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your consistency and your style. I have never been able to retain a style in art. Your drawings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete