Sometimes it's ok to be a follower

Friday, June 7, 2013

What Does Today Hold

Good morning everyone,
I had a long restless night last night. My son awoke at 10pm with a tummy ache and in need of cuddles and love. At midnight we were laughing, playing, and polishing off some leftovers from dinner. Around 1am he finally fell back asleep and I too laid down to try and rest for a few hours. 

I was awake by a few minutes before 5am. No reason, I just couldn't sleep. Not wanting to wake my entire home, I laid in bed and started surfing blogland on my ipad. I found a great mommie blog hop and went through every link that was attached. Some stories were great, funny, and interesting. One in particular tore at my heart strings and made me cry for quite a while.

And all of this made me wonder, What did today hold for my family?
Within moments of that though I made a decision that today would have hugs, laughter, and joy.
Today may not be perfect, but it is a gift and I'm going to enjoy it.

When my son awoke he gave me the sweetest smile, the one that says I remember last night and you helped make it better. Thanks mom, I love you. I melted a ton and told him how adorable he was and how much he was cherished. Then I told him that we were going to have the best day ever. He gave me the biggest toothy grin, and I think he's beginning to understand that the best day ever means we're gonna play and have lots of fun.

I hope everyone out there has a joyous day. 

And hopefully a new digi will help the day start out on the right track.

Summer Cuddlebug Cuties


Summer Cuddlebug Cuties
Enjoy coloring and crafting with Summer but please give me, Anna Stillwell at Cuddlebug Cuties, credit for drawing her.

I'm off to play in the yard with my little man. To start snapping tons of photos to capture every moment of this day. To play, laugh, and love.
Have a wonderful day everyone,
Great Big Hugs to All,
Anna 

20 comments:

  1. Big hugs and thank you from Australia.xx
    luv anniex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times we just get such an eyeopener, that shows us, what´s really important here in life, and I really hope, this turned out to be the wonderful day, you wanted it to be then?
    Thank you soooo very much for this gorgeous image here, it sure made me and a couple of girls very happy here. It´s always sooo wonderful to get one of your stunning images to play with.
    Have a wonderful week-end ahead here now too, and I hope, it´l be just as wonderful as this day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Glad your little guy feels better. Mommy hugs are the BEST.
    Awesome digi.
    Thanks
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post, thanks for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mommy. I raised 4 sons and know how sweet they can be...even when they are grown! Thanks for sharing your art! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is the cutest .. I adore this one!!
    And I was up with Reagan at 3am this morning because of growing pains. Her legs hurt so bad.
    I felt awful for her.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
      Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

      ¤´¨)
      ¸.•*´
      (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
      www.raising-reagan.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot, this is an awesome site, and I love their faces.....One happy blogger and cardmaker

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing your beautiful digi and your story! Awesome reminder . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a cutie...thank you!! And have a most wonderful day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks :)
    Hope your day went well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna~This is extremely cute. I hope you had a fabulous day. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying you and your son get some much needed rest tonight!!! Sending Love and Comfort to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much for the digi and I hope your son feels much better. Kids are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love her skirt! She may be my favorite so far!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this one too. She is soooo.... cute. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs Lynne from OZ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must say this. "You are such an inspiration". Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is so beautiful! Thanks for yet another great free digi.

    ReplyDelete